Most pictures and words from Anthony C Murphy

Friday 13 July 2012

MAINERS

this photo from an article in Harper's by Holman Day, 1905?



We went and stayed for a week in the southern coastal part of Maine. Close to Bush's grandaddy's place in Kennybunk. It was hot but the ocean was cold. I could live there. I didn't experience the winter, obviously, and I don't know what I'd do to earn a buck, but I guess there's a lot of that going on right now. I did drive into the forests to have a look, but saw nothing scary like bears or wolves. I didn't see an unstuffed moose or a souffled mouse. I did see some wild chipmunks. And a snake. 

And some guys buying guns
Presumably to kill all the stuff you don't see
Any more
Pull!













this photo from the same book about the New England Coast.



No comments:

Post a Comment