Most pictures and words from Anthony C Murphy

Tuesday 27 November 2012

REST ROOM


My elder brother turned one year old the day I was born. I don’t remember much about anything then, but later I remember his brown straight hair that was nothing like mine. Mine was golden and curly. I was chubby. He was lean. We were inseparable because I clung to his constantly newfound knowledge like a leech. When he started school we stopped being so close. My mum and dad said that I became difficult around then. They used to lock me in the toilet so that my rages could peter out against the woodchip. I guess that it was for the best. The bathroom hadn’t been decorated since we moved in. When they redid it in purple and all plush I just didn’t have it in me to break things. “You could live in that privy!” my mum’s friend Edith used to marvel...   

No comments:

Post a Comment